With Space In Mind
1. Oil On Water (for John Bergamo)
2. Gears (for Leonice Shinneman)
3. Arrows From Arjuna
4. Up From The Swamp Of Delusion
5. A Slug On The Rug
6. Soul Singing
8. With Space In Mind
9. Bright White Light
All compositions by Mark Nauseef
The instruments used on this recording are as follows:
1) OIL ON WATER / Chinese drum, 2 Sonor bass drums and tom toms, Thai
gongs, Paiste Sound Creation gongs, Korean sham gong, fu in luo (Peking opera gong)and chime bars.
2) GEARS / Chinese drum, 2 Sonor bass drums and tom toms, 1964 Slingerland snare drum with snares off and 22 inch Ziljian cymbal.
3) ARROWS FROM ARJUNA / 5 Chinese temple bells.
4) UP FROM THE SWAMP OF DELUSION / prepared chime bars, Chinese
drum, 2 Sonor bass drums, Thai gongs, Korean shaman gong, fu in luo
(Peking opera gong) and Paiste Sound Creation gongs.
5) A SLUG ON THE RUG / Thai gongs, hi-hat, bass drum, Moroccan bendir
and a 22 inch (very funky) old Ziljian cymbal.
6) SOUL SINGING / 2 Wuhan (China) wind gongs played with superballs.
7) OBSERVATION / chime bars, 2 Sonor bass drums, and floor tom.
8) WITH SPACE IN MIND / chime bars, 2 Sonor bass drums, snare drum
tom toms, Korean shaman gong, Paiste Sound Creation gongs, 1 pair of very old Paiste hi-hats, Chinese drum, and 22 inch Paiste Sound Creation Dark ride cymbal.
9) BRIGHT WHITE LIGHT / one 5 inch Wuhan (China) bell cymbal.
Recorded in March 1993 and March 1994 at The Harmony Hall, Matsumoto, Japan.
All photography by Miha Vipotnik.
Produced, engineered and designed by Todd Garfinkle.